One of the most perspective sectors of Latvia is considered to chemical and pharmaceutical industry, including chemicals and chemical products, manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations, as well as rubber and plastic products. Chemical and pharmaceutical sector has important and rich traditions of the Latvian economy component, which gives 9.4% (2010) of gross domestic product and accounts for 10% of the total national export. Pharmaceuticals sector is the largest industry sub-sector, creating 33% of industry production or industrial output volume.
We help the chemical and pharmaceutical industry to co-create and develop ideas in new projects, products and services to benefit global health and welfare.
Strategic focus: developing products, services, technologies and solutions in pharma, red and white biotech, and nutro- and eco-products that significantly increase effectiveness and efficiency.
• Strengthening Cluster members in their capacity for innovation and growth opportunities in the global market
• Gaining access to shared facilities and technological platforms
• Linking to funding sources
• Building strategic partnerships and growing your business
• All major international and national participants playing an active role in the cluster project and potentially developing significant business activity, subject to approval
• Development of new products and services, building collaborative R&D programs
• Strategic location
• Great support from local authorities
• Investment in research and R&D infrastructure
Great business environment – the best economic potential!
"LIFE SCIENCE CLUSTER OF LATVIA" MISSION:
Pharmaceutical and related
industries cluster, was established to encourage all institutions related to networking,
that will strengthen the competition between the industry, promote innovation,product
innovation and development activities.By setting up this industry cluster companies
will become more competitive at international level, the cluster contributes to
the development of export and outsourcing.
"LIFE SCIENCE CLUSTER OF LATVIA" VISION:
The cluster's vision is new scientific and technological achievements using the competence and experience of cluster members as well as involvement in various fundraising programs to ensure sustainable and competitive development of the industry internationally high value added products.
By setting up this industry cluster companies will become more competitive at international level, the cluster contributes to the development of export and outsourcing.